Math – Grade 10 (Academic)
This course enables students to broaden their understanding of relationships and extend their problem-solving and algebraic skills through investigation, the effective use of technology, and abstract reasoning. Students will explore quadratic relations and their applications; solve and apply linear systems; verify properties of geometric figures using analytic geometry; and investigate the trigonometry of right and acute triangles. Students will reason mathematically and communicate their thinking as they solve multi-step problems.
- Unit 1: Using Linear Systems to Solve Problems
- Unit 2: Coordinates and Geometry
- Unit 3: Analyzing and Applying Quadratic Models
- Unit 4: Quadratic Relations
- Unit 5: Introduction to Trigonometry
- Unit 6: Investigating Non-Right Triangles as Models for Problems