Chemistry – Grade 11 (University Preparation Level)
This course enables students to deepen their understanding of chemistry through the study of the properties of chemicals and chemical bonds; chemical reactions and quantitative relationships in those reactions; solutions and solubility; and atmospheric chemistry and the behaviour of gases. Students will further develop their analytical skills and investigate the qualitative and quantitative properties of matter, as well as the impact of some common chemical reactions on society and the environment.
- Unit 1: Matter and Chemical Bonding
- Unit 2: Chemical Quantities
- Unit 3: Solutions and Solubility
- Unit 4: Gases and Atmospheric Chemistry
- Unit 5: Hydrocarbons and Energy