Biology – Grade 11 (University Preparation Level)
This course furthers students’ understanding of the processes that occur in biological systems. Students will study theory and conduct investigations in the areas of biodiversity; evolution; genetic processes; the structure and function of animals; and the anatomy, growth, and function of plants. The course focuses on the theoretical aspects of the topics under study, and helps students refine skills related to scientific investigation.
- Introduction: Biochemistry and the Cell
- Unit 1: Genetic Processes
- Unit 2: Evolution
- Unit 3: Animals: Structure and Function
- Unit 4: Diversity of Living Things
- Unit 5: Plants: Anatomy, Growth, and Function